Conditions of Commercial Membership
1. The Applicant hereby applies for membership in The Carroll Electric Membership Corporation (the "Cooperative"). The Applicant will pay to the Cooperative with Application a membership fee and an initial account service charge. The membership fee shall be refunded if the Applicant's membership is not accepted by the Cooperative, and any portion of said membership fee not applied to the payment of bills due the Cooperative shall also acceptable) is required in the amount $___________, which shall be held and distributed in accordance with the Service Rules and Regulations.
2. The Applicant will comply with and be bound by the provisions of the Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws and Rules and Regulations now in effect and as may from time to time be adopted by the Cooperative. The Bylaws and Rules and Regulations provide for but are not limited to Paragraphs 3,4,5 below. These paragraphs are included for emphasis. The applicant acknowledges receipt of a copy of the Bylaws.
3. Applicant shall, when electric energy becomes available and the meter installed, purchase from the Cooperative all central station electric energy used on the premises described above (or such other premises for which Applicant may apply for service) and will pay there for monthly at such rates as may be fixed from time to time by the Board of the Cooperative. Applicant will pay at least the minimum monthly charge specified in the applicable rate for Applicant's service.
4. Applicant agrees to allow the Cooperative to perform right-of-way clearing and to grant the Cooperative such as easements as are necessary or convenient to serve the Cooperative's members.
5. The Cooperative's identified employees shall have the right of access to consumer's premises at all reasonable times for the purposes of meter reading, testing, repairing, removing, maintaining or exchanging any or all equipment or facilities of the Cooperative. Cooperative personnel will read electric meters each month.
6. Applicant hereby gives prior express written consent to receive autodialed and prerecorded message calls, and automated text messages, to any number provided by Applicant, to the extent such calls are closely related to the provision of electric service, including but not limited to alerts, warnings, notifications regarding possible termination of service for failure to pay, and notifications concerning scheduled work in the area and outage information.
7. Applicant shall be enrolled in Operation Round Up® which rounds up the bill to the next whole dollar, for use in donating to various non-profit organizations within the service area. To opt out of this program, contact email@example.com.